The selection procedure is a two-stage process: In the first ballot, the Council nominates the finalists from among all proposals and gives an election recommendation to the jury.
In the second ballot, the jurors vote online. The jury consists of more than 60 persons: Journalists, scientists, personalities from the logistics industry, politics and associations from all over the world.
An independent selection commissioner monitors the proper electoral process.
- Marten Bosselmann (Chairman BIEK)
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Engelhardt (Managing Director BGL)
- Frank Huster (Managing Director DSLV)
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Michael ten Hompel (Managing Director Fraunhofer IML, member of LHOF)
- Sascha Schmel (Managing Director VDMA Sector Association Material Handling and Intralogistics)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Wimmer (Chairman of the Management Board of BVL)
- Anita Würmser (Chairwoman of the Logistics Hall of Fame jury)
Selection commissioner: Werner Bicker